At Home Scrubs Secrets from Silversands Grenada Spa
June 7, 2020 by Hidden Doorways
We would like to invite you into the transformative calmness of Silversands Spa at home. Below are ideas for a little uplifting spa pampering to indulge in during quarantine.
Known as The Spice Island of the Caribbean, Grenada is home to nourishing ingredients derived from local exotic plants, spices and even chocolate. Unwind at home in true Silversands style with their coffee and body scrub, a three-step revitalizing facial recipe and an after-sun cooling treatment from their Spa.
Coffee and Honey Body Scrub:
Using freshly ground coffee, organic honey and yogurt, this scrub is invigorating and a great way to increase blood circulation. Coffee is rich in antioxidants, with theobromine enzymes and its caffeine is believed to help reduce the appearance of cellulite. Honey and yogurt are said to contain antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and also believed to be helpful in preventing and healing acne.
To make this homemade antioxidant scrub, all you need is to stir these three ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- 1 ½ cup organic honey
- 1 cup coffee grounds
- 1 cup yogurt
For each body part, use one tablespoons of your coffee-honey body scrub to exfoliate your skin.
- Apply on damp skin for easy application in circular pattern with medium to heavy pressure depending on skin sensitivity.
- For the neck, use upward movement towards the face.
- Focus on areas where the skin is naturally thicker (legs for example).
- Rinse off with warm water. Do not use soap, the yogurt and honey act as natural emollients so no body lotion is needed either.
Three-Step Revitalizing Facial
Packed full of organic ingredients including yogurt, honey, lime, cucumber and brown sugar, with the ancient reputation of being skin healers. Honey and yogurt are said to contain antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Brown sugar is perfect as an exfoliator, it is gentle and can effectively scrub away dead skin cells.
Lime and Cucumber mixed as toner brings back the Ph balance of your skin whilst closing the pores leaving your skin looking refreshed. If used on a regular basis, it calms the oil production of your skin, making it less prone to bacteria.
- Face scrub: 1-tablespoon raw honey and 1-tablespoon brown sugar
- Toner: 1 Lime squeezed and blended cucumber juice
- Mask: Yogurt and honey (chilled)
- Mix each pair of ingredients together in 3 bowls and chill the toner & mask in the refrigerator.
- On a cleansed face, and using a cotton pad, apply the blended toner in a circular pattern with light to medium pressure to remove excess oil from skin. For the neck, use upward movement towards the face.
- Take a spoonful of the blend of honey and brown sugar scrub and massage lightly on your face in a circular massage technique.
- Remove the scrub with warm face towel and reapply the lime-cucumber toner.
- Next, take the blended yogurt and honey and apply a thin layer to your face and neck and leave for 15-20-minutes.
- Wash off with warm water, without the use of Finish with lime- cucumber toner for the final time.
After Sun Rescue Cooling Spa Treatment:
A natural cool body mask of cucumbers, yogurt and fresh peppermint is applied to the whole body, using a teabag This treatment is perfect for sunburn, skin softening, and cooling any hot skin condition.
Peppermint oil is known as a natural cooling agent so not only does it work as a natural pain killer, but it also provides relief to tender sunburn with its cooling sensation. Diluted with cucumber pulp and yogurt, it can be applied topically as a paste to sun burn for immediate relief.
- whole cucumber, blended without seeds
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 small cup fresh peppermint
- Boil 1/2 jug of water, mix in one cup of fresh mint leaves, let it stand for an hour, strain the water and blend with cucumber pulp and yogurt, and place in the Once the mixture is sufficiently cool, use a clean cloth to administer the after-sun tea bag to your sun burn.
- Do not reuse bag but discard after use.
- You may repeat this process before sleeping, in increasing the chance of healing and cooling your skin faster.
We hope you will take a little time for yourself this week, and that your spa day leaves you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated! We look forward to welcome you soon at the Spa at Silversands Grenada.
Grande Anse Beach
Telephone: +1 473 4443999